In this blog, I am going to tell you about the puffed rice recipe for weight loss. Sometimes you get panicked if you can’t find various options concerning the issue of weight loss. There is a perfect solution for you, and we are going to tell it to you right now!
Losing weight is not always easy and you can find a lot of results on what food to avoid if you are looking to lose weight. Puffed rice is one of them, but you may want to reconsider your position with the recipes we have for you today.
Table of Contents
This blog is about the puffed rice recipe for weight loss and now I am going to tell about puffed rice. Puffed rice is a popular snack and is healthy for you as it provides fibre for your body in large quantities.
puffed rice is also known as mumra, kurmura, or basmati chichri and people believe it has medicinal properties, is rice is steamed under high pressure and puffs up, it fills up with air.
Puffed rice can also be used in sweet treats abroad, or as a cereal coated with sugars. The wonderfully versatile puffed rice is great for snacks and getting creative because of how diverse it is. It can be used to make recipes for weight loss or just your favourite foods.
For example, in the jhalmuris, bhelpuris, churmuras and the famous chaats of every region, the beauty of this humble ingredient lies in the fact that it has a wide range of flavours and textures.
Try Ladoos made out of Puffed Rice to satisfy your sweet tooth and diet at the same time! Puffed Rice is very satisfying and is one of India’s most popular sweets.
Perfect for a guilt-free snack during weight loss, this food has been associated with aiding in digestion since it is so high in carbohydrates and fibre.
Even so, it is a high glycemic food item and should be taken only in moderation because it will cause blood sugar spikes. Eating too much-puffed rice will result in feeling hungry again soon after eating them.
how healthy is puffed rice for weight loss?
As we know our blog is about puffed rice recipe for weight loss. Puffed rice is something usually used for cooking and it can be a good option for weight loss.
It has complex carbohydrates which help your body break down fats so it’s a low calorie, fat-free snack which means it’s perfect if you’re looking to eat healthily.
Providing the body with the nutrients it needs, puffed rice is known to help you with digestion, providing a healthy and ample bowel. As for its health benefits, it has been shown to provide improved metabolism and lower the chances of constipation.
Puffed rice is rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients like Magnesium, Calcium, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Natrium, Kalium, Iron and Vitamin D.
These vitamins provide much-needed support to strengthen bones and make them more durable. It also doesn’t have a high glycemic index making it easy to digest.
A snack that contains both complex carbohydrates and protein, like puffed rice, is a win-win for every person who cares about having healthy energy to manage their cravings and watch the kilos slowly fall away.
You can also read our article bodyweight lunges.
benefits of puffed rice:
In this blog, we are discussing a puffed rice recipe for weight loss. We have already discussed what is puffed rice now I am going to tell you the benefits of puffed rice.
- Weight loss: To maintain a healthy weight and also improve digestion, consumers can add puffed rice to their diet. Puffed rice is not only an ideal food option for shedding pounds, but it also provides other important health benefits than its mere weight loss benefits.
- Bones strengthening: Rich in magnesium and iron, puffed rice strengthens bones and teeth. Some varieties are fortified with vitamin D and other essential minerals.
- Instant energy provider: Rice, when puffed, becomes richer in carbohydrates. These provide fast energy for those needed instant boosts.
let’s talk about the 9 best-puffed rice recipes for weight loss:
these best-puffed rice recipes for weight loss can help you stay energetic and have a powerful boost,…so these recipes are the final touch for you, for the perfect weight loss. so without wasting any time, let’s dive in!
- Bhelpuri: Bhel Puri is popular street food in Mumbai, India that is made of puffed rice, potatoes, onions, chutneys, ground spices, and special vermicelli-like pastries. This dish is easy to make at home, it’s a tasty snack with a lot of flavours and textures-sour, tangy, crispy sweet and salty.
- Ingredients of bhel puri:1Add 2 cups of puffed rice, 1/2 cup finely ground sev, and 8 spoonfuls of boiling water. Allow boiling while stirring well. Once boiled, add 1 cup of finely chopped onion and 1 cup of boiled and cubed potatoes. Add 8 spoonfuls of watered green chutney and 4 tablespoonfuls of yellow date chutney. Add some lemon juice, salt, coriander leaves, garlic and garlic cloves against cancer.
how to make bhel puri:
To prepare, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and sev.
Then, to make green chutney, mix together equal parts of coarsely chopped coriander leaves, garlic and green chillies.
Add some lemon juice to taste. To create date chutney, cook dried dates with some ginger powder.
2. Murmura ladoo: Ladoos, made with puffed rice and molten sugar syrup are crispy. Even though puffed rice is not rich in nutrition, it is filling, light on the stomach and low in calories. Murmura Ladoos made of puffed rice is filling and among one of the most loved sweet treats of the country.
- Ingredients of murmura ladoo: 250 grams of rice puffs 750 grams of Jaggery 3 1/2 cups of water
How to make murmura ladoo:
Put water and jaggery in a pan and bring to a gentle boil.
Stir the mixture until it gets to a two-thread consistency, then turn off the heat; cool for about an hour.
Knead the mixture for 10 minutes with your dry hands once it is cooled. Form balls that are moistened with oil if they are too sticky. Wait another 20 minutes before eating them.
3. Puffed rice cake: A Puffed Rice Cake is a treat from the Indian Subcontinent. It is light, fluffy, and delicious. The main ingredient needed for this process is rice that has been heated and then cracked, so it is cooked and very dry. Once the rice has been cooked, it is spread on a metal tray and then it dries further in the sun or roasted in ovens.
- Ingredients of puffed rice cake: 5 cups puffed rice,1 cup roasted sesame seeds,1/2 cup honey,1/2 cup tahini paste, dates paste,1/3 cup sugar,1/2 cup butter.
how to make puffed rice cake:
Place sesame seeds in a pan and add sugar.
Cook until sugar melts, then add honey and tahini paste.
When you have a smooth mixture, pour it over puffed rice in a bowl and mix well.
Place the mixture in a greased dish and cover with plastic wrap to refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
Cut into shapes as desired once it has been set.
4. Puffed rice squares: puffed rice squares are a traditional snack made from boiled puffed rice mixed and formed with sweetened condensed milk. People often want the sweet taste of marshmallows or pineapple. This popular Filipino dessert is similar to sticky rice, taffy, toffee, tortilla chips, and zaru soba.
- Ingredients of puffed rice squares: 450 grams puffed rice,150 grams chopped nuts,175 ml honey,50 grams grated jaggery,2 tbsp butter, kewra,1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
how to make puffed rice squares:
Brown some rice in the oven until golden brown.
Mix this with nuts. Add a honey mixture and bring to a boil.
Take it out of the pan and cool off with cardamom and kewra 3 times while stirring every time you put it in the fridge to let it be fluffy again until it becomes similar to halva consistency.
Add this mix to the rice mix 6. 10 minutes later, your halva is now done! Cut into small squares, garnish with pistachios, and enjoy.
5. Kheelon ke kebab: Kheelon Ke Kebab is an Indian dish made with puffed rice and curd. The ingredients are usually cooked in a microwave and often topped with an egg. Kheelon Ke Kebab is considered one of the easier sharable cuisines, as it only needs two minutes to cook.
- Ingredients of Kheelon ke kebab: 4 cups puffed rice,1 1/2 cup curd,2-3 green, to taste salt, chillies, chopped,3 tbsp chopped hara dhaniya, oil,1 cup boiled green peas, to taste salt, to taste chopped green chillies,1 tbsp amchoor powder,1 tsp jeera,1 tsp oil.
how to make Kheelon ke kebab:
Soak the kheera in curd for 30 minutes, adding salt and chopped green chillies.
It should form a thick batter. If it is not thick enough, add more kheere.
Then take a cooker with 1 tsp oil, and add jeera. Add boiled peas, salt, and amchoor powder. Mix well, crushing everything together.
Next, take a handful of the batter and place it into greased pan, pressing out the centre so that it’s slightly hollow inside.
Fill it with some of the peas mixture and roll/shape it into a kebab shape.
6. Murmure appe: Murmurre Appe is a traditional instant recipe made with rice batter. For this recipe, we substituted rice with murmure (puffed rice). The consistency is made perfect when you mix suji and blended murmure together.
- Ingredients of Murmure appe: 2 cups puffed rice,1 cup suji,1/2 cup card,1/2 cup chopped onions,1/4 cup chopped tomatoes,1 tsp chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves,1 tbsp mustard seeds,1 tsp red chilli powder,1/2 tsp soda, salt.
how to make Murmure appe:
In a pot mix and dissolve sooji in water. Meanwhile, soak the puffed rice in a bowl of water and leave it submerged for 5 minutes.
Blend the soaked rice with cilantro, salt, boiled and mashed curd, and mashed green chilli to create a batter.
Pour the cooked food into an ovenproof dish and add caramelized onions, chopped tomatoes and dried Indian spices.
Add 2 tablespoons of carbonated beverage and quickly cook in the microwave for five minutes.
7. Jhalmuri: Jhalmuri, popular street food from Kolkata, is a mix of spices and puffed rice. This puffed rice is tossed with onion, cucumber, tomatoes, peanuts and green chillies. A special blend of spices and chaat masala is also mixed into the jhaal muri. Served as a snack this dish is both flavorful and easy to prepare.
- Ingredients of Jhalmuri: 1/2 cucumber,1 tbsp coriander,1/2 tomato,1 green chilli,1/2 onion,1 tsp roasted peanut,3 tsp boiled chana,1 cup puffed rice,1/2 tsp chilli powder,1/2 tsp cumin powder,1/2 tsp chaat masala,1/2 tsp black salt,1 tsp mustard oil,1/2 lemon.
how to make jhalmuri:
Chop all the vegetables including cucumber, coriander, tomato, green chilli and onion.
Put the mixture into a bowl along with roasted peanut, boiled chana, and puffed rice.
Add spices such as chilli powder, cumin powder and chaat masala to taste then add black salt and mustard oil as well.
8.Benne dosa: benne dosa made with puffed rice is a popular West African dish that is made using rice, spices, onions and beans. When this dish is cooked, the ingredients cook together and shrink to create a uniform product. It can then be enjoyed with a sauce of choice or it can also be eaten plain as an afternoon snack.
- Ingredients of Benne dosa: 2oogrm rice,1/4 cup urad dal,1/4 teaspoon methi seeds,1.5 cups puffed rice,1 tbsp maida,1/4 teaspoon sugar, water,1/4 tsp baking soda, salt, oil, butter.
how to make benne dosa:
Add one cup of soaked, finely-grinded urad dal to a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into a large bowl. Add 3 cups of cooked, fine-ground dosa rice; and add ½ teaspoon of freshly-crushed fenugreek leaves.
Grind together in the blender as previously instructed to make a finer paste. Blend until it is thoroughly mixed.
Transfer the batter back to the bowl of urad dal mixture, stir well, and then add two cups of round puffed rice in a blender and blend it very slightly to break up the grain against the blades.
but not too much because you want them to be intact egg white-habitually for a crunchy texture.
Serve into idli stand with plain ghee on top or serve with banana-breaking sugared or other sweet chutney.
9. Bhel upma: bhel upma is a unique traditional south Indian recipe of puffed rice blended with coconut, spiced and tempered with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Serve the upma with hot coconut chutney or any other kothsu.
- Ingredients of Bhel upma: 4 cups puffed rice,2 green chillis,1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves,4 tsp lemon juice,1 chopped onion,1/2 tsp sugar,1/2 cup grated coconut,1 tbsp ghee,1/2 tsp mustard seeds,1/2 tsp cumin seeds,6 curry leaves, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
how to make bhel upma:
put the puffed rice on a paper towel and pat it to dry.
heat the ghee in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and curry leaves.
when the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillis. saute for 8 minutes or until the onion becomes transparent.
add the turmeric powder and mix well. add brown sugar, salt, and puffed rice. mix well and allow to simmer for 2 minutes or so.
healthy alternatives to puffed rice:
Now I am going to tell you some healthy alternatives to puffed rice that you can easily add to your daily diet to maintain a healthy weight as well as a healthy lifestyle. below I gave you the list of healthy alternatives.
1. oats: health benefits
- it lowers blood sugars levels
- it provides antioxidant
- it promotes healthy bacteria in your gut
- relief constipation
- it relives skin itching and irritation
- lower the chance of colon cancer
2. buckwheat: health benefits
- it boosts our heart health
- it improves digestion
- helps in weight management
- helps in managing diabetes
3. barley: health benefits
- it is a good source of fibre
- gives you a nice dose of vitamins and minerals
- it is high in phytochemicals
- may protect against heart disease
- it might protect against stroke
4.jowar: health benefits
- improve digestion
- it fights against free radicals
- helps in boosting immunity
- it is a rich source of protein
- control blood sugar level
5. bajra: health benefits
- it supports healthy hair, nail, skin
- it helps in weight loss
- rich in vitamin-b6, zinc, iron
- helps in diabetes management
- good source of protein
is puffed rice good for weight loss?
Puffed rice is both rich in complex carbohydrates and fibre, it keeps you feeling full and lessens your hunger. As a result, you’re less likely to be tempted by unhealthy snacks or overeat. It’s light on calories and is perfect for people who are trying to lose weight
is puffed rice poha good for weight loss?
Often high in calories and low in fibre, puffed rice will make you eat more quickly. So this isn’t a very healthy addition to a weight loss diet. As compared to fried snacks and another calorie- and carb-loaded chips, puffed rice gains the maximum score. So you need to be smart and make a wise choice based on your personal needs.
eating puffed rice at night is healthy?
It’s a healthy, crunchy snack to munch on when you have midnight cravings. Add some chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and roasted peanuts and squeeze the fresh lemon juice into it for a tangy taste.